The Association of Classical Dominican Artists in New York City will present a musical event that brings together the Dominican and Brazilian communities of New York City: "The Villa Lobos Experience", to take place on Monday May 12 at 7 PM at the Aaron Davis Hall of The City College of New York, located at 135th Street and Covent Avenue. The event is free, but reservations are required.
For more information, please see http://www.dominicanclassical.org/. To register for "The Villa-Lobos Experience" please proceed to our Eventbrite link: http://www.eventbrite.com/o/association-of-dominican-classical-artists-inc-1270786671
Arguably the best classical composer from South America, Heitor Villa-Lobos (1887-1959) wrote works that not only incorporate his native and folk Afro music, but also style elements from classicism, impressionism and the baroque. "The Villa-Lobos Experience" is a collaboration of both Dominican, Brazlian and American visual artists and classical musicians living in New York City.
Rarely heard works will performed in the program, including
- O Canto Do Cysne Negro (poem-Dance-Mime) Extract from Symphonic Poem Naufragio de Klinikos arr. For cello and harp by Dewy Owens
- Lent from Fantasia arr. for Saxophone, viola, cello and harp by Pedro Vizzarro
- Bachianas Brasileiras No 5
- Choros #2 for Flute and Clarinet
- Assobio a Jato (The Jet Whistle) for Flute and Cello (12 Minutes)
- Quartour Symbolic for Harp, Celesta, flute, et Saxophone alto in Eb with female voices
- Sexteto Mistico for Flute, Oboe, Saxophone alto in Eb, Guitar, Celesta, and Harp
General Information The Association of Dominican Classical Artists was founded in 1980 by artists and composers of Dominican descent living in New York City.