- the complete string quartets, with the Bessler-Reiss Quartet and the Quarteto Amazônia
- some early recordings by the Quinteto Villa-Lobos
- Roberto Szidon's Cirandas e Cirandinha
- concertos played by Turibio Santos, Paulo Moura & Noel Devos
- songs by Leila Guimarães & Teca Calazans
- important early guitar recordings by Turibio Santos and the Assads
- two special discs that I'll mention later
Now the company is back, and at the same website address: http://www.kuarup.com.br. The present selection on the website doesn't include all of the records mentioned above. The two Villa-Lobos CDs, though, are amongst the most important:
Os Choros de Câmara included all of the Choros for chamber ensemble, played by an all-star lineup that included guitarist Sérgio Assad, pianist Murilo Santos and saxophonist Paulo Moura. This was one of the first CDs I bought from a vendor in Brazil, and it was the first time I heard some important Villa-Lobos works: Choros #3 and 4, and Villa's piano version of #2.
The other disc is a really interesting "rediscovery" of Villa's suite A Floresta do Amazonas, his music from Green Mansions, recorded in the centennial year of 1987.